I will preface this one by saying that this is nowhere near traditional – I basically made this up one day but it is inspired by Shakshuka.
This is definitely an easy thing to make as a breakfast (or lunch, or dinner :)) and takes in total 20 to 25 Minutes depending on how well done you want your eggs to be !
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- ¼ Red Onion finely, diced
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes quartered
- ¼ Red Chilli finely minced
- 2 Eggs
- ⅛ Cup Feta Crumbled
- ¼ tsp Sugar granulated
- ⅛ tsp Smoked Paprika can be omitted
- 1 tsp Tomato Paste
- Preheat your oven to the highest temperature on the broil setting
- To a small oven safe pan add your oil and diced onion and sweat them off until translucent.
- Now add your tomatoes, tomato paste,chili's and add the sugar. Let this fry for about a minute.
- Now add ½ cup of water and bring this to a simmer.
- Season the sauce to taste with Salt, Pepper and the smoked paprika powder. Note: Don't worry if you don't have the paprika – its not necessary.
- Crack your eggs into ramekins to make sure you don't get any shell. Now make a little well into your sauce for each of the eggs and gently place them in.
- Sprinkle over your crumbled feta and place in the oven for about 10 to 15 Minutes. You can adjust the time based on how runny you want your eggs to be.
- You can sprikle the top with Cilantro or Green Onion if you want. Enjoy!