I am a firm believer that people who claim to not like spinach have maybe only had steamed/boiled whole spinach leaves – not that those are bad but I understand why some people would have an issue with their texture. Anyways, this pasta is really delicious so you should try it.
- 2 cups Spinach fresh is ideal but frozen works fine too
- ½ medium-sized Onion
- ½ cup Feta, crumbled
- 2 tbsp Parmesan, grated
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, quatered
- ¼ cup Cream
- 2 servings Pasta I used a lentil pasta but any works fine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Prepare a large pot of salted water for your pasta and bring it to a boil and prepare your pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile… If your using fresh spinach : place your spinach in a bowl and pour boiling water over it to blanch it. After 30 seconds, drain it and wring it out. Then you can either chop it finely or use a food processor. If your are using frozen spinach you will probably just have to let it thaw out for a bit.
- Chop your onion into cubes and sautee them using a medium sized pan and a tablespoon of oil on medium heat until they are lightly golden brown.
- Add the spinach and feta into the pan and let it heat up, mix well so the spinach doesnt burn and allow the feta to melt a little.
- Add your cream, tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add your boiled pasta and serve it with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and potentially some pine nuts over the top.