An easy basic stew you can adapt to your liking, switch for different meats or different veggies
Pork and Green Bean Stew
An easy basic stew you can adapt to your liking, switch for different meats or different veggies!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 400 gram Lean Pork cubed
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 350 gram Potatoes peeled and cubed
- 250 gram Green Beans
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 tbsp Parsley finely chopped
- Heat up a heavy bottomed pot! Add olive oil and pork and fry them until all sides as nice and brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dice the onion and add it once the meat is all browned.
- Add the tomato paste and stir well to combine.
- Wash your bell pepper and cut it into 4 big pieces, remove all seeds and add them to the pan. (We are leaving these so big so we can remove it later, if you don't mind paprika skin in your dish feel free to just cut them smaller and leave them in).
- Now add your broth and 2 additional cups of water and bring it to a boil.
- Let this simmer (either in the oven at 200° C or on the stove top) for about 1 hour.
- Peel and cube your potatoes and prepare your green beans by cutting them into bite size pieces.
- Add the potatoes to the pot and let them simmer in the sauce for about 10 minutes.
- Now add the green beans and let them simmer for another 7 minutes.
- Finish off with freshly cut parsley and enjoy!