Red bell peppers stuffed with a Mediterranean filling of rice, spinach, cherry tomatoes and feta.
Vegetarian Stuffed Red Bell Peppers
Stuffed with a filling with rice, tomatoes, spinach and feta.
Servings: 2 people
- ½ Cup Parboiled Rice
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- ⅓ Cup Gouda, grated
- ½ Cup Vegetable Stock
- ½ Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 Cup Spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- ¼ Cup Feta, Cubed
- ½ Tsp Paprika Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Basil
- 1/4 Tsp Oregano
- In a pot bring water to a boil and cook rice according to package instructions. I suggest using parboiled rice as its nice an firm and doesn't clump together like other rice. Brown Rice can be a good alternative.
- Wash the bell peppers, cut them in half and remove the seeds. Lightly brush them with olive oil and roast them in the oven. I used the AirFryer at 200°C for 10 Minutes. (The same settings in a preheated oven should work)
- Dice the Onion and add it to a pan with about a tablespoon of olive oil and saute them until light brown and glossy
- Roughly chop spinach, add it to the pan and let it wilt. This shouldn't take longer than 30 seconds.
- Chop the tomatoes and add them to the pan.
- At this point you can add half of your vegetable stock and let it simmer together for about 30 seconds.
- Add your seasonings (Paprika powder, basil, oregano, salt and pepper) and the cubed feta and mix well to combine.
- Stuff the peppers with the rice & vegetable mixture and top them with the grated Gouda.
- Set your stuffed peppers in a oven-safe dish or pan and add the rest of your stock to the bottom of the dish.
- Place in a 200°C oven for about 20 minutes until the cheese is golden brown. Serve and Enjoy!